Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance Announces Launch of the Transition Plan Template (TPT)
The Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance is pleased to announce the launch of the Transition Plan Template (TPT), the most recent addition to its toolbox of industry tools available to CSTA members. Produced with the support of the Canadian Olympic Committee’s NSF Enhancement Initiative, the Template provides an overview of a variety of steps to ensure a smooth transition from a bid committee to an organizing committee in a coordinated, chronological fashion.
The TPT has been developed to:
- Ensure that all MSO/NSO obligations, international Rights Holder obligations and commitments made during the bid phase are met
- Identify the optimal structure for the Transition Committee and the Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
- Address, before beginning to organize the event, the highest priority organizational issues
- Provide a critical path for the first phases of the LOC to ensure that the highest priority tasks are performed in order of importance
- Understand the human, equipment and financial resources required for the project
- Provide a preliminary planning document to the LOC.
“The Template is another valuable tool that will assist our sport and community members to facilitate the transition from the bidding process to the formation of an organizing committee following a successful bid”, said Rick Traer, CEO. “As is the case with many of our other tools, the TPT can be adapted for major multi-sport games or other single sport championships at the international or national levels.”