The Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance PRESTIGE awards are ready to receive your nominations online starting today. Recognize your outstanding people and events of the sport tourism industry from 2019 by nominating them for the 14th annual CSTA PRESTIGE Awards. There are eight awards in six different categories.
Nominations Open: November 1, 2019
Nominations Close: December 2, 2019 at 8:00 PM EST
The categories are:
- CSTA Canadian Sport Event of the Year Award, presented by Québec Destination affaires
- Group A: event budget greater than $1 million
- Group B: event budget less than $1 million
- CSTA International Sport Event of the Year Award, presented by CBC Sports
- Group A: event budget greater than $2 million
- Group B: event budget less than $2 million
- CSTA Canadian Sport Event Sponsorship Initiative of the Year Award, presented by Adup Display
- CSTA Sport Event Volunteer of the Year Award, presented by WestJet
- CSTA Sport Event Legacy of the Year Award , presented by ConnectOnCampus
- CSTA Sport Tourism Rising Star of the Year Award, presented by Sport Durham
Changes to the 2020 Awards
As always, the PRESTIGE Awards stay current, and categories and criteria have been adjusted slightly for this year.
The CSTA International Sport Event of the Year Award, presented by CBC Sports, has been divided into two sections, recognizing different sizes of budgets, over and under $2 million.
Finalists for the CSTA Sport Event Legacy of the Year Award, presented by ConnectOnCampus, will be drawn from nominations for the four event categories, with a question designed to describe how an event directly contributed to a long-lasting social impact, legacy or environmental stewardship.
With the creation of the sport city index which identifies the top host cities in Canada, the Sport Tourism Organization of the Year Award has been retired.
Recipients will be announced at the Edmonton Convention Centre during Sport Events Congress, on Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at the PRESTIGE Awards Presentation, presented by Saskatoon Sports Tourism. It will be followed by a networking reception and luncheon presented by IHG.
Tickets are included in delegate fees for anyone who is registered as a delegate of Sport Events Congress 2020. Tickets go on sale for outside guests in December.
Nomination guidelines and award categories are online here.
Nominate now to honour your best of 2019!
* * * * * * * *
The PRESTIGE (Program Recognizing Exceptional Sport Tourism Initiatives, Games & Events) Award Program honours the best in sport events, volunteers, organizations, sponsors and leaders in seven different categories. They will honour the outstanding contributions of the many different people and organizations that have supported and staged excellent sporting events in the calendar year 2019.
For more information:
Jennifer Pulsifer, Digital Marketing & Events Coordinator
Tel : (902) 430-9606